Tuesday, April 30, 2013

DAY 1 MY MENU


Staring the first day came after a little experimenting with menus and recipes.

Start Weight 85 kg

Fasting Nutritional Ketosis reading 0.2 on my Freestyle Optimum meter.

Breakfast was Coconut flavoured Coffee adapted from Dana Carpender's Keto Coffee from her Fat Fast Recipe book. I used what was in my pantry.

Coconut Coffee

 Take 1 cup hot black coffee
Add 3 teaspoons coconut oil
Add 500 ml coconut cream
Sprinkle light shake of cinnamon
Beat with a whisk until all the coconut oil has melted and you have a nice frothy top.

Nutrition:-  463 cal; 6 gm carbs; 3.9 gm protein; 47.5 gm fat

Does that make you cringe. I never could have guessed I would one day drink such a concoction but it worked and I got to enjoy it more as the days progressed.

Most of my lunches were a Fat Fast version of my regular berry smoothie. It is a little high in carbohydrates and protein so I had to work at balancing out the day with my dinner and snacks.

Fat Fast Berry Smoothie

50 gm boysenberries .... most other berries will also work.
100 gm Greek Yoghurt
10 ml cod liver oil (Best is from Norway and has a lemon flavour. Arctic Brand works for me)
2 scoops of vanilla flavoured whey powder. (Active Woman from the Leppon Brand)
500 ml whipping cream (I pre-whip mine and keep it in small containers in the freezer)
1/2 cup cold water

Place the ingredients into a jug and mix until smooth with a stick whizz.

Pour into a tall glass and enjoy. I use a large straw to drink through.

This is quite thick, the lemon flavoured oil is never fishy although I did get some back when I could only find the orange flavoured oil.

Nutrition:-  416 cal; 13 gm carbs; 28.5 gm protein; 27.5 gm fat

I made up dinner with eggs and Swiss chard or silverbeet to we Kiwis.

Omelet with Silverbeet

2 eggs
1 tbs water
1 tsp butter
1 cup cooked and drained silverbeet or similar green veggie

Melt butter in an omelet pan
Mix egg and water together with a small whisk, but not fluffy
Cook omelet to you preferred firmness.
Fill omelet with hot silverbeet
Fold and serve with seasoning.

This is such a simple meal and made in minutes if you have cooked greens handy in the fridge. It was a satisfying meal although I was glad I still had snacks to come.

Nutrition:- 215.5 cal; 7.5 gm carbs; 13 gm protein; 15.5 gm fat

At the end of the day I only had 55 cal remaining so I counted out 7 almonds.

Nutrition: 49 cal; 1.7 gm carb, 1.8 gm protein; 4.3 gm fats


I have simplified many of the numbers by rounding up or down and some diet calculators will be different to the one I used. I use The Perfect Diet Tracker. I doubt if it's the best one around but it works for me. My only grump with them is it is copyrighted and I seem to be unable to copy and paste into my Blog.

End of first day.

1144 calories; 9.9% carbs; 16.2% protein; 73.9% fats

I did 20 minutes exercise on my cross-trainer

So there you have it. I don't think there is anything too unusual about my plan and the first day went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment