Monday, October 19, 2020

END OF A LAZY DAY

 I've been really tired the last 2 days. Saturday I was latish to bed after watching the Election unfold with my brother, Neill, and his wife, Jen. Jane and I spent some time in their spa so I thought I'd sleep like a log. Not so. I slept poorly in spite of being ready for bed when we got home. This happens a lot. I sleep a couple of hours then off and on for the rest of the night.

Yesterday I did some sewing with Bathurst going on in the background. Pleased to see New Zealanders do well. Slept better last night thank-goodness.

I'm definitely in mild ketosis and I've lost more than 4 kg. Tomorrow my 4th week meals arrive. I still have a few in the freezer from the short week when I first came to Whitianga so I cancelled the order which would have arrived the week I go home. I also have meals in the freezer for when I get home so not going to break the pattern. 

I'm glad Keto Dash is only 8 weeks because I do find the meals a little bit tedious. It's good to skip one or two from time to time. Tonight we had asparagus. Jane was given some freshly caught fish but sadly I really don't care for fish. I could have got out another MF meal but decided to have 2 poached eggs then I needed a slice of toast to mop up. How's that for an excuse. I could have made some mug bread while the eggs cooked... Only just thought of that.

I've been making an ornamental pin cushion for a friend for months. I'm nearly finished but need to buy some stuffing first. I haven't finished anything for ages so quite pleased with myself. And I am not running out of projects. I have another similar pin cushion to finish off. After that is a hand stitched quilt I've been making for 6 years. I really, really want to finish it for my sister. When I get home there is an advent calendar waiting to be worked out.

I'm off to bed shortly. There's a book waiting for me on my Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment