Sunday, October 11, 2020

MUSCLE FUEL MEALS

ALMOST DERAILED BY DISAPPOITMENT 

I felt quite disappointed by my first few meals. I thought I detected the smell of institutional style cooking when I lifted the plastic. I also knew that Muscle Fuel Meals were giving me an opportunity to return to a pattern of eating which had been beneficial in the past.

SOLUTION FOUND

Since then I've discovered I do not like the meals microwaved so I take them out of the plastic tray and place the food into an oven-to-table dish and covering. The advice is to defrost first. I find that frozen meals work fine if I add extra time and I give the meal a couple of stirs along the way. I can add seasoning, extra cheese, spinach, chopped celery or anything else I think is keto friendly. I'm much happier about spending the money now and I'm even finding some meals are really delicious. The Lite Meals are certainly large enough for me. So! - my meals aren't ready to eat as quickly but I'm saved the preparation and clean-up. Waiting is not a problem for me.

HEALTH BENEFITS

I am so relieved to find I can enjoy the meals. The resurgence of old ME, (Myalgic-Encephalomyelitis), symptoms was very upsetting, I have loads of living ahead of me and yet I was finding it more and more difficult to get my head in the right space to do anything other than read and watch TV. I was sick of feeling unwell. My quality of life was undermined and I lacked the will to maintain the necessary changes. 

IN FOR THE LONG HAUL

I know what works for me but the improvements do not come overnight. Sustaining a ketogenic diet for months isn't easy. I plan to get into nutritional ketosis and be a fat burner during the 8 week dash. I'd like to maintain this for 6 months at least. I need to keep to a low starch, low sugar diet forever.

Brain fog is a real enemy and all too  often confused with depression. Even though I know myself pretty well at this stage of my life I cannot always tell the difference. When I was first told I had ME, about 45 years ago, I was also told there are about 80 symptoms and I could see that I was experiencing a good number of them. I was shocked. I have since learned, mostly by trial and error, I must severely limit wheat in my diet. Bread is my go-to when I'm not feeling so great. It's so easy to fall into unhealthy, for me, habits.

ENERGY

The most frustrating symptom at present remains lack of energy. I know that the more I move the better I become. Getting the balance right is tricky. If I over-do things it can take me days to recover. If I do nothing, yielding completely to the lazy feelings, I extend the period of recovery.

In some ways it's like an athlete who must allow a rest period after a serious work-out. Keeping a balance and pacing myself are necessary parts of recovery. I get so frustrated I want to bury my head in the sand. I know that some exercise enhances the ability to be in ketosis and what's more increases precious mitochondria in our cells. I also know that this period of establishing ketosis is not the best time to begin a new exercise routine. 

My head tells me one thing and then the excuses follow. It's time to schedule gentle walks that do not over-stress my body. Food is pretty much sorted. I'm beginning to know what I'm doing and I am so thankful for MF meals. Next major step is getting out for regular walks and controlling my all or nothing tendencies.

I am so happy. Muscle Fuel Keto Meals are giving me a chance to be healthier when I did not have the strength to do it on my own. They are an answer to prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment