Thursday, May 2, 2013

THE RESULTS FROM MY FIRST EVER FAT FAST

My version of the Fat Fast was very successful in the short term. Only time will prove whether it has lasting benefits.

For months My weight loss was too slow to measure. There is always a risk when this happens that I would get used to the plateau and not finished the job I began.

I know that I do better limiting starchy foods. This is not only a matter of losing weight and dieting but starches destroy my sense of well-being and set me up for the vicious cycle of food cravings. I also know that I feel better motivated to do much more physically and mentally when I limit starches.. I usually have to drive myself to do very ordinary things. After a while on Low Carb those same things get done without thinking about. My reading suggests that this is the result of being ketone adapted and the brain having plenty of ketones to work with.

With this self knowledge I expected to be comfortable doing my version of a fat fast, lose weight and generally feel some improvement.

All of these things happened. I hope the 10 days has made me a fat burner but it's possible I need to be super vigilant about eating mindfully and testing blood ketones for another month or two.

The bottom line is that I lost 3 kg/7 lbs in 10 days. That brings my total weight loss over 16 months to more than 32 kg/70 lbs Not too shabby for a woman in her 70s.



2012 Start weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs
2013 Start weight:-  87.5/192.5 lbs

April Fat Fast Start:- 85 kg/187 lbs
April Fat Fats End:- 82 kg/180 lbs

Lost in 10 days on my modified Fat Fast 3 kg/6.7 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for not popping by much, my blog reading has been dismal for months now. I just don't find the time!
    Anyway... amazing result of your fast!!!
    Please tell me what you did?

    And I am in awe of how well you have done in the past 16 months!!!

    ReplyDelete